Effective and efficient supplier relationships are vital to OZ Minerals' success.
We aim at all times to:
- Achieve the highest standard of safety and health in all the activities in which we are engaged
- Identify and work with best practice suppliers;
- Ensure that suppliers understand our business objectives and that we understand their objectives;
- Ensure that we establish the structure of relationship best suited to the achievement of those objectives;
- Encourage efficiency, continuous improvement and innovation among our suppliers;
- Give and receive open and honest feedback on performance to and from our suppliers
Category management, supplier management and sourcing for both goods and services are undertaken at the most appropriate level for each category. Management may be at global, regional, and/or individual site levels.
The way OZ Minerals buys
OZ Minerals buys a vast range of goods and/or services in different markets. We do not embrace the same procurement method in all cases, preferring instead to adopt the approach best suited to a particular need.
Depending on our requirements we will normally:
- Seek proposals on a competitive basis from a number of suppliers, however, we may seek a proposal from a single supplier or;
- Ask for formal bids or tenders as part of the procurement and competitive benchmarking process;
- Conduct negotiations with prospective suppliers, instead of or in conjunction with a formal bid or tender process;
- Vary the length and structure of contractual commitments we enter into; and
- Rarely, if ever call for open tenders.
In each case, our objective is to minimise cost and maximise value. In addition, we aim to ensure that the approach we adopt is fair and is clearly understood by our potential suppliers.
OZ Minerals approval process
Only certain OZ Minerals employees have the authority to formalise and execute contracts with suppliers. With rare exceptions, these agreements are always on OZ Minerals standard forms of contract. If, as a supplier you appear to have a contract that is not in line with these guidelines, then this contract may not have been executed in accordance with OZ Minerals policy.
Supplying to OZ Minerals
All goods and services supplied to OZ Minerals must be supplied in accordance with our standard Purchase Order Terms and Conditions, at a minimum. (see below):
Interested in becoming supplier with OZ Minerals?
If you are a supplier and would like to register your company with OZ Minerals, you can do so via our enquiry form. The information you provide will be recorded, and used by our Procurement team as an initial point of reference for developing a list of potential suppliers.
- Filling in the enquiry form does not pre-qualify your company as a OZ Minerals supplier
- Filling in the enquiry form does not guarantee that your company will be contacted by OZ Minerals to supply goods and/or services to OZ Minerals.
- There is a comprehensive vetting process undertaken prior to awarding any supplier with a OZ Minerals contract. The process can involve supplying a written quote to a formal tender.
- Multiple registrations via our enquiry form do not improve your company's visibility to OZ Minerals; however, your company should complete a new enquiry form if your company's information changes after submittal.