The Prominent Hill operation is located 650 kilometres north west of Adelaide and 130 kilometres south-east of Coober Pedy in South Australia.
What we do
The 24 hour operation is comprised of the Ankata underground mine, a conventional crushing, grinding and flotation processing plant and a permanent accommodation village for its workforce. Prominent Hill produces a high quality copper concentrate – one of the highest grade traded on the open market.
Travel and rosters
Prominent Hill has a workforce of some1,200 employees, including contractors. Prominent Hill employees work a standard eight and six (8/6), fly-in fly-out roster (some positions may require a different roster), with a typical roster involving 12 hour shifts. We offer chartered flights from Adelaide (1 hour) and Port Augusta (40 minutes) and a bus service for those living in the nearby town Coober Pedy.
The facilities and services provided for the village are:
- Over 1200 ensuited cabins, each with a king single or double bed, private ensuite, Austar TV and air conditioning
- Wi-Fi access from the accommodation village
- Mobile coverage through Telstra G3 mobile tower
- 24 hour medical service with modern medical facilities
- Dining room serving delicious, healthy food
- Wet mess which sells snacks, magazines and personal items
- 25 metre swimming pool
- Cardio and weight gymnasium, including a variety of classes
- Tennis, indoor cricket and ball courts.Mail and postage service