In developing social contribution initiatives, we try and avoid creating dependency. Instead, we strive to support organisations or projects in achieving self-sustaining outcomes so communities close to our operations benefit from our presence.
We also consider non-financial ways to be of service for our wide-reaching community, so please contact us if you have any opportunities for external mentoring or utilisation of skills in a remote and safe capacity.
For community support, we prioritise areas located in close proximity to our operations and key projects. Other geographic areas may be considered as long as benefits to OZ Minerals' stakeholders can be demonstrated.
Priority areas for support
- Locally organised events and activities with broad community appeal
- Funding towards skills development and educational programs
- Funding towards environmental projects, sustainable development objectives, community education and conservation programs
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Contributions or support for any political party, politician or political candidate
- Religious organisations undertaking religious activities (humanitarian branches of religious organisations maybe eligible)
- Funding for organisations that are grant making or funding bodies (unless funding is tied to a particular preferable local project)
- Wages and salaries
Applying organisations must demonstrate that they:
- Are reputable and have a positive track record and solid governance
- Share our How We Work Together principles and behaviours - innovating, leading, collaborating, delivering, taking action and engaging
- Don’t engage in activities that would contravene our code of conduct
Preference will be given to organisations and/or projects that:
- Demonstrate how their initiative will provide sustainable benefits to local communities
- Have other funding sources and will not be reliant on OZ Minerals for operational costs
- Give a clear identification of how the money is to be spent
- Lead the organisation, or communities being assisted, to become self-sustaining
Evaluation and audit
Where assistance has exceeded $1,000, OZ Minerals will require a post-project (or key point) report outlining how the investment contributed to the sustainable development of the community. Organisations may be asked to provide photos and a case study for the OZ Minerals Sustainability Report. A third party audit may be included as part of the case study development process.
OZ Minerals may engage in a limited number of broader corporate branding opportunities and will seek appropriate branding recognition for these opportunities.
How to apply
Applicants should complete a Sponsorship Request Form and send it through to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Sponsorship Committee meets once a month and will evaluate the application at the meeting.
Applications will be assessed according to the availability of funds and the ability of the application to meet OZ Minerals’ sponsorship criteria.
Successful applicants may be required to undertake certain obligations to recognise their partnership with OZ Minerals.