This privacy statement (Statement) governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by OZ Minerals Limited and the related companies listed at the end of this Statement (collectively referred to as OZ Minerals, we, us, and our).
In this Statement 'personal information' means information about an identifiable individual (a natural person). This Statement outlines how we manage personal information including in accordance with all applicable privacy and data regulation laws, including the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles (Privacy Laws).
Application of this Statement
This Statement applies if you:
- are one of our customers, clients, contractors or suppliers;
- visit our website at www.ozminerals.com or any of our affiliated websites (Sites), any of our social media channels or subscribe to our mailing lists (Channels); or
- are employed by us or seeking employment with us, (referred to as you and your).
By providing us with your personal information, you authorise the personal information being collected, held, used and disclosed in accordance with this Statement. This Statement is in addition to any other applicable terms and conditions that may apply to your relationship and/or engagement with us.
Collection - How we collect information about you
Who we collect information about
We may collect and hold personal information about:
- current, potential and former customers, clients, contractors and/or suppliers;
- service providers, suppliers and their employees and contractors;
- current and prospective employees and contractors of OZ Minerals, and their next-of-kin or emergency contacts; and
- individuals we deal with in the course of carrying on our business.
Information we collect
We collect personal information in order to manage and conduct our business, to provide goods and services and to meet our legal obligations. Depending upon the nature of your relationship with us, the type of personal information we collect and hold may include:
information as required for our relationship with you, such as:
For current or prospective employees, contractors, suppliers and/or visitors to our premises/sites:
- your name, address, contact details, date of birth, and other personal details;
- your tax file number, tax status and citizenship or residency details;
- your driver's licence, passport and/or visa details;
- your payment information, such as your bank account details or payment history for invoicing and/or payment purposes;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you, or that you've enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- details of the products and services you have provided to us;
- records of our communications with you, including any complaints, requests or queries;
- information that you post to our Sites or Channels;
- when you access our products or services, or our Sites or Channels we may collect information that is sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device, including – your device ID, device type, IP address, geo-location, computer and connection information, referral URL, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our products, services and Sites;
- CCTV footage from any of our premises;
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us and/or to assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations.
information for the purpose of commencing and conducting a business or employment relationship with you. This may include:
For health and safety and/or COVID-19:
- information about your occupation, employment history, education and suitability for the role or relationship, including criminal history, social media profiles and whether you hold any licences/permits required for the role;
- name and details of emergency contacts;
- your health and medical information, including medical history and contact details for your medical practitioners and treatment providers;
- diversity information, which might include gender, ethnicity, languages spoken, relationship status etc; and
- information about your performance in the role or relationship, including results of drug testing (if applicable).
information for the purpose of health and safety compliance and/or complying with COVID-19 guidelines set down by the Australian Government and Australian State and Territory Governments and to enable OZ Minerals to make informed health and safety decisions. This may include:
- COVID-19 vaccination status and proof of vaccination;
- biometric information including temperature checks;
- recent personal health history including details regarding communicable diseases;
- recent overseas or interstate travel, contact with any person(s) who have travelled overseas in the preceding 14 days, have tested positive for COVID-19 or are awaiting test results, or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Who we will collect personal information from
We use different methods to collect your personal information. We will generally collect personal information directly from you (e.g. in person, by telephone or through written information or forms that you submit to us). However, we may also collect personal information:
- from you indirectly (including through the use our Sites and Channels);
- from current, potential and former service providers, suppliers and their employees and contractors, investors, employees, individuals we deal with in the course of carrying out our business and other people who come into contact with OZ Minerals;
- from third parties in some instances, for example, a report provided by a medical professional or an employment reference from another person. Other third parties may include service providers we engage to manage our investors, recruitment and labour hire companies, and suppliers of services to us, or third parties where we have your consent to that collection;
- from CCTV cameras that may be placed on and around our premises; and
- from publicly available websites or sources.
If you have provided us with information about another person, you warrant that you have that person’s permission to do so. Your obligations under Privacy Laws may also mean that you need to tell that person about the disclosure and let them know that they have a right to access their personal information and that we will handle their personal information in accordance with this Statement.
What happens if you don’t provide us with your personal information
You are not required to provide us with your personal information. However, in some cases, if personal information we request is not provided, it may affect our ability to do business with you, including that:
- we may be unable to supply the relevant product or service or to perform our obligations to you; or
- if you are an applicant for employment or a contractor, we may not be able to process your application for a position or engagement at OZ Minerals.
How we use personal information
In general, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Statement, including for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity and communicate with you;
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to help us operate, protect, manage, improve, conduct and develop our business (including our products and services), and our users’ experience, for example, by performing analytics and conducting research;
- to maintain and administer your records, including (where relevant) your employee records;
- to process, administer, collect payments from or make payments to you, and if applicable, make appropriate taxation deductions;
- to assess suitability of potential employees or contractors;
- to ensure health and safety on our premises;
- to respond to any feedback, queries or complaints;
- to comply with our legal obligations, including our reporting obligations; and
- as otherwise may be required for the general management and conduct of our business.
In addition, CCTV footage specifically may be used for the following purposes:
- detecting and deterring unauthorised access to, and criminal behaviour on, our premises;
- monitoring the safety and security of our employees, contractors, suppliers and visitors, and completing incident investigations; and
- reviewing the actions of our employees and contractors.
Who we may disclose personal information to
We may disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (or a related secondary purpose) and otherwise where permitted or required by law or with your consent.
Some of the recipients we may disclose your personal information to include our related companies and third party service providers who help us to deliver our products and services and to conduct our business. These third parties provide a variety of services, such as archiving, auditing, professional advisory, banking, data processing and storage, recruitment, data analysis, business intelligence, website and technology services. Each of these third parties are carefully selected, and are only permitted to use your personal information to the extent necessary for them to provide their services to us.
As at the date of this Statement, we may disclose your personal information to members of the OZ Minerals company group and registered offices that are located overseas (currently operating in Brazil). We are only likely to disclose personal information to third parties located in Australia.
We will take reasonable measures to ensure that any cross-border disclosure is in compliance with the requirements of the relevant Privacy Laws. For example, by taking such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that those organisations are either subject to applicable privacy laws that, overall, provide comparable safeguards to those under the relevant Privacy Laws, or are otherwise required to protect the information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those under the relevant Privacy Laws.
As at the date of this policy, we use third party cloud service providers (who may use offshore data repositories) to store our data, however there is no disclosure of personal information to such providers.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example through the use of technical and physical security measures, including restricting access to electronic records through technical access restrictions.
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and may do so by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this policy. In processing your request, we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Laws, noting that we may need to verify your identity before we allow you to access your personal information, and are permitted to withhold the disclosure of personal information in prescribed circumstances.
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us. If you satisfy us that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will amend our records accordingly.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we require it to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required for the purpose of discharging our legal, accounting and reporting requirements.
Where we no longer require your personal information, we will use reasonable endeavours to comply with our legal obligations in respect of that information (e.g. by de-identifying or destroying such personal information).
Cookies and links to other sites
To improve our Sites, and to help us better understand browsing behaviour, when you use our Sites we may use website measurement software and other analytics tools and services (including Google Analytics) to gather information such as traffic patterns, mouse click activity, IP addresses, and any other information you may provide through use of our Sites. We may also use analytics tools available on our Channels. This information is aggregated and anonymised so that you cannot be identified.
Like many other websites on the internet, OZ Minerals may use ‘cookies’ to store and track information about you when you are on our Site or Channels. A cookie is a data file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer (or other device), then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access certain sections of our Site or Channels.
This information helps us to remember your preferences and can help us to provide a tailored experience and customised content and material on our Sites and Channels. This information may be retained in an anonymous or aggregated form after we have erased personal information that identifies you from our systems.
You can choose to disable cookies via your device’s website browser settings. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to use or access some features of the services that we offer.
OZ Minerals provides links or references to other websites from our Sites or Channels. This Statement does not apply to those websites and we take no responsibility for any information collected by such third parties
Changes to this Statement
This Statement is current as at December 2021. We may amend and update this Statement from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment.
We will provide you with reasonable notice before we implement any change by posting a statement on our website, or we may also announce it by email (if we have your email address). The date of this Statement will otherwise inform you as to whether there have been updates since your last visit.
By continuing to use our product, services or Site, or otherwise continuing to deal with us, you accept these changes and this Statement as it applies from time to time. However, if you do not agree to an amendment, you should notify our Privacy Officer at the contact details set out below.
How to contact us and complaints
If you have any questions about personal information or are unhappy with how we’ve handled your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the following contact details:
By post: OZ MINERALS LIMITED
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +61 8 8229 6672
We will investigate any complaint and respond to you as quickly as possible (usually within 20 working days of hearing from you). For further information about making a privacy complaint, or the progress or outcome of any investigation, please contact the Privacy Officer using the details above.
If you’re not satisfied with how we’ve handled your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001 or by email to email@example.com.
OZ Minerals related companies
OZ Minerals Brazil (Holdings) Pty Ltd
Avanco Resources Pty Ltd
Avanco Holdings Pty Ltd
Estrela Metals Pty Ltd
AVB Copper Pty Ltd
AVB Brazil Pty Ltd
AVB Carajás Holdings Pty Ltd
AVB Minerals Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Carrapateena Pty Ltd
OZM Carrapateena Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Musgrave Holdings Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Musgrave Operations Pty Ltd
Cassini Resources Pty Ltd
Carrapateena Pty Ltd
CTP Assets Pty Ltd
CTP Operations Pty Ltd
Minotaur Resources Holdings Pty Ltd
OZ Exploration Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Equity Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Group Treasury Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Holdings Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals International (Holdings) Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Investments Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Prominent Hill Operations Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Prominent Hill Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Services Pty Ltd
OZ Minerals Zinifex Holdings Pty Ltd
Crossbow Resources Pty Ltd
Wirraway Metals & Mining Pty Ltd
ZRUS Holdings Pty Ltd