- Safety programs continue to drive improved safety performance at Prominent Hill during the first half of 2012.
- Prominent Hill delivered a solid operational performance for the first half of 2012 with Group:
− Revenue of $514.8 million;
− Underlying EBITDA of $225.0 million; and
− Net profit after tax of $119.5 million
- Net cash inflows from operating activities of $126.6 million with a cash balance at 30 June 2012 of $651.1 million.
- Revised C1 cost guidance for 2012 from US$1.00 to US$1.10 per pound to
US$1.10 to US$1.20 per pound (based upon consensus gold price and Australian Dollar / US Dollar exchange rate).
- Unfranked dividend of 10 cents per share.
- Exploration decline at Carrapateena expected to commence in early 2013 subject to receipt of necessary permits and clearances.
- In-fill drilling program at Carrapateena continues to confirm and extend known mineralisation.
- On-market share buyback of $200 million completed, with $100 million of shares
bought back in the first half of 2012.
- Sale of exploration assets in Cambodia completed.
OZ Minerals 2012 half year financial results announcement Download pdf 172 KB